Materials & Components
SUPPLIERS AND PRODUCTS ASSESSMENT
Procurement of energy storage components typically starts with a thorough quantitative assessment of both suppliers and products on the market.
On-site, evidence-based audits are the tools of choice to evaluate and benchmark the capability of suppliers and factories to deliver quality products:
- Quality Management System Audits
- Manufacturing Process Audits
- R&D capability assessment, etc.
STS also offers specialized audits and assessments, including:
- Supply chain audits and mapping
- Different types of product assessments
- Quality Control Plan assessment, etc.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISION AND EXPEDITING
STS local inspectors perform expediting services to prevent costly delays in product development, manufacturing and delivery of energy storage systems. They are qualified to work both on site and remotely, in local language, and with the right set of competence and technical knowledge.
Key objectives of STS services are:
- Preventing delays during production
- Ensuring adequate QA/QC during production
- Witnessing and recording critical manufacturing steps/milestones
- Verifying the use of conforming materials and components
STS’ presence on site during production further ensures that the systems are delivered conforming to the safety, functional, regulatory and performance requirements of the buyer.
ACCEPTANCE TESTS WITNESSING (FAT & SAT)
STS inspectors step in at critical milestones to verify that finished equipment meet the expected safety, functionality, performance and quality requirements. Supported by our technology experts, they monitor both at factory (Factory Acceptance Test, or FAT) and at site (Site Acceptance Test, or SAT) a series of tests performed by the manufacturer or appointed contractor, such as:
- Safety Tests: grounding, insulation withstand voltage, touch current, emergency stop, surge protection, fire alarm…
- Functional Tests: start/stop, controls, monitoring, water immersion/spray, packing…
- Performance & Quality: round-trip efficiency, capacity, HVAC, workmanship, visual appearance…
Thanks to our continuous presence at the manufacturing factories, STS advisors are constantly updated about the latest manufacturing trends, the new failures modes or the upcoming risks that a buyer of energy storage equipment may encounter.
We help establish quality management plans, support procurement contracting, assist with warranty claims, and carry out technical due diligence, on both operating assets and manufacturing assets.